Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hang in There!!

Hey all! Chris Wooten of Turned Gypsy asked that many of us crafters make some cards to send her so she can send them onto the hospitals to give that special child/adult a lil smile when they need it most. So I have been working on another design today that I thought was sort of cute, at least it made my son smile :). I wanted to make a card more geared towards a boy so they don't get some girly card when they need it. So I used Four Legged Friends & Disney's Pooh cartridge to make a masculine type of card.
I cut the snake at 2.5 and used all textured cardstock. The eyes on the snake really don't cut out with the cut being that small so I used my Forever In Time black glitter gel pen to put a lil sparkle in his eyes. The tree limb is from Disney's Pooh cart cut at 6 inches. I used my ultra thin Sharpie markers to outline the tree limb and leaves. I punched out a 1 inch circle and stamped My Pink Stampers "Hang in There" stamp.
The mat is an Ivory cardstock distressed with Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany then I took a background stamp of bricks and stamped it in darker of the Aged Mahogany. The took some Walnut stain and went back over it all lightly to give it more of a real brick wall feel.  Of course I had to use Kraft cardstock for the base of the card! I think I have a problem with this cardstock now as I want to use it on EVERYTHING now lol... Since all of these are going a very long way I used my Helmar 450 adhesive to put it all on the card as this stuff is AWESOME stuff!
 Ok enough babbling and here ya go! Hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

>