Thursday, November 18, 2010

MPS Cricut Imagine Challenge

Hey all! I was sitting at my desk last night thinking "How could I let a night go by without crafting Yeah like that can happen right?  So I thought to myself.. Self, Robyn over at My Pink Stamper has a Cricut Imagine Challenge going on! And since I don't have that many Imagine carts my mind got to smoking thinkin and I remembered I had to still scrap about my DD's "Think it Over" weekend. So I grabbed my Nursery Tails cart and realized I hadn't upgraded my Imagine yet! Please don't turn me in to the Crafters Police for not being on the ball with up to date toys! So I had to update it first but all my worries were for nothing, cause it updated without a glitch  so easily!
I printed the pattern paper with the butterflies and sun's on it and used my new EDGE TO EDGE 12x12 option! I knew they could do it!
I used stickles on the butterflies and dragon flies to make them pop off of the page a bit (Diamond ones of course so I wouldn't lose the awesome color the prints already were). The on one of the Sun's I almost used stickles as well but decided I wanted to Glossy accent it up! I think my hand is still cramping from holding and squeezing my bottle of Glossy Accents so long). I LOVE how it turned out! It brought the color of the sun out even better than I could even imagine!
I cut the "Its a Boy" at size 3 inches and decided it needed a mat so I cut a mat at 3.3. The Frog & birdie on this cut are layered up to pop them off of the page too. I used Helmar Zapdots for the frog since they are so the right size for making things look dimensional! I used the clear ones by the way.  T
The mat's for the pictures are cut out at the same size as the sentiment but I did't pop them off of the page as much as the sentiment. I used some nice sheer ribbon I got from Michael's to embellish the circles with. The photo mats have a fastenator staple on each. One says Baby and the other says Boy.
I don't have pictures on the mat's yet as I want to print them at the store since my printer is almost out of ink. When it gets that way it doesn't print photo's very well.
I hope you enjoy the page...





3 comments:

  1. I love this LO! So cute! Congrats on your win over at Love 4 Stamps!!! You are on a roll!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice layout thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

>