Thursday, October 21, 2010

Our Family's loss today

Today is a sad day for my family. Today we lost a part of our family when we had to take our family cat Nacho to the vet to be put down. He had contracted severe Urinary tract issues that even if we treated for would be an issue the rest of his life. Many cat's can live with this situation however Nacho wasn't your average cat. He had what the vet called Kitty Crones (bowel issues). So he was already on a special diet for this. Both problems could not be treated without irritating the other. My DS took him to vet together and held onto him while they gave him the injection. At least he is no longer in pain as it did go really fast. WE love you Nacho and will miss you dearly! The collage below were all pictures take today. He was almost 8 years old.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts today! To me, pets aren't "like family"... they ARE family, so I know how difficult it is to lose one of them. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. We had to do this same thing in April for GS Mace. I have had to do this 5 times now and have one dog left. It hurts so much that I am not sure I want more dogs after my last one goes.

    I do have a ferrel cat who has finally let me hold her. She has been in the neighborhood and afraid of everything. I suppose that is what has kept her alive. We live in a 4street subdivision in the country(rural), so she has to be careful of other wild animals. I do leave my garage door up a litte so she can get out of cold and rain,etc...

    chris
    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete

>